Created by former Senator Barry Goldwater himself, this chili mix is easy to prepare by adding just beef, low carb black beans and tomatoes. Just the right spice to make your chili dishes superb! the chili mix, the senators chili.
Back in 1974, the Senator from Arizona and the Senator from Texas both claimed to have the “best damn chili in the world.” The Senator from Arizona challenged the Texan in the nation’s capital with the International Chili Society as judge. The Texans in the audience cried foul due to the fact that the Arizonan had put beans in his recipe, however the Senator from Arizona was ultimately named the winner, and the Senator’s Chili Mix was born. Enjoy this famous recipe with family and friends!
- Serving size 1/4 oz.
- Servings per container 8
- Calories 15
- Calories from fat 0
- Total Fat <1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein <1g
Ingredients: Chile pepper, salt, garlic, onion, paprika, cumin, oregano, and spices.
The Senator’s Chili Mix is my favorite low carb chili. I have been making it for years.
Andrew’s Low Carb Chili Recipe
- 2.5 pounds any combination of ground beef, ground sausage, ground turkey and ground bison (organic preferred)
- 1 cup green, red, yellow and/or orange peppers, chopped
- 1.5 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced or diced (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 packet Senator’s Chili Mix
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz. water
- 1 can Eden Black Soy Beans
- In skillet, brown meat. Drain.
- Place meat and all other ingredients in large pot.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hrs.
Serving size is 1 cup. Top with grated cheese, Mexican blend or similar.
Have a better recipe or any suggestions? Please let us know in the comments section.