by Gary Scheiner
Whether you’re following a diet plan that requires carb-counting, you have diabetes, or simply because you are conscious of the quantity of carbs you consume, The Ultimate Guide to Accurate Carb Counting is the all-in-one resource for practically and effectively managing your carb intake.
Certified diabetes educator, type 1 diabetic, and Think Like a Pancreas author Gary Scheiner focuses on carb counting in a real-world context, and his explanations and advice—in addition to being complete and thoroughly accurate—are geared towards the most common foods and eating habits.
The Ultimate Guide to Accurate Carb Counting tells you everything you need to accurately keep track of your carb intake, including:
- The basic rationale for and the theory behind carb-counting
- Explanations of simple to advanced techniques
- How to read and understand food labels
- How to estimate the nutritional values of unlabeled foods
- Resources for carb counting at major restaurant chains
- An explanation of the glycemic index and its influence on carb-counting
- Adjusting for fiber and sugar substitutes
- A comprehensive listing of exchanges, carb factors, and glycemic index values
- Carb and fiber values for 2,500 foods